Thursday, December 17, 2009

I Just Don't Know

Why is it so hard to let people know who I am? I find myself everyday struggling to tell people that I have know almost all of my life that I am a lesbian. Sure, they probably already know or have an idea, but there is still that thought in the back of my head that maybe they have not figured it out. I say to myself that if people can not like me for who I am then I should not care what they think.
I first came out to my sister, and it went well. I would talk to her and would ask her what she thought our mom would say. I then told my other sister and brothers. They did not have a problem with it either. That had been the extent of who I had told. Then I had came out at work and it seems that it all went well there also. In September of 2008 I told my mom and her response was " I am sure it is just a phase" I mean really a phase. I have been with a woman since 2002 and have been attracted to them since I could remember. So I am sure it is not a phase. I was surprised when my mom announced at our Christmas 2008 together that I was there with my girlfriend. I am thinking she is taking it well, we don't really talk about it. I also told my great friend from high school, two of my aunts on my dads side. For some reason I am finding it hard to tell everyone else that I know about my lifestyle.

0 comments: