Wednesday, September 16, 2009

As I Suspected

Sometimes at work I have a moment where things settle down for a while. That is when my mind starts to wonder and this poem is just where it happened to go. I have loved to write poems since I was a child and for the longest time I had quit writing. I have come to realize that writing poems helps me with my life and what goes on in it.

As I suspected

The darkness has came over me
Just what I had suspected
I walk around in the blackness
Looking for the light
I know it has to be here somewhere
I am just not sure where
I am sitting here quietly
Waiting to hear a sound
As I come to find there is nothing to hear
I had hoped it did not come to this
So I sit here in the darkness
Never giving up on the light
I know it is somewhere close by
Then I think maybe just sitting is not the thing to do
I need to feel my way through the dark
There is a light somewhere
I just need to be patient
As I continue my search for the light.

0 comments: